Thursday 23 January 2014

POSTER - what image will I use? why is this important?

The photograph is the most important thing about the flm poster in my opinion. This is the image you are using to advertise your film to the public therefore it needs to try and represent the film in one image. You dont want to use a photography of something that gives away too much otherwise people wont feel the need to come and see it. I am currently in the procces of the image I want to use in the film poster as I want to make sure I get it right. I am stuck between two image that are toally differet and have two different feels to them.

The first image I am thinking about using is one of all the boys whom play alex throughout the film at different ages. The thing I like about this is you can imidatly see the conection of these boys which is esental for the viewer however the picture looks more like a fmaily photo and it may give off the wrong impression of our film. The second image wa sof the time traveler with his head down so you cant see his face at all and is dresse in head to toe in dark colours. This image shows this figure as mysterious and works well creating tention.

bellow is some example of good film posters





I think all these posters are good as they get across all the imformation film posters should and used an image effectivly. One thing thats important s the lay out of the poster as this is essential in order for the poster not to look too crowded.

The image I use for our film poster needs to be as effective as all these ones in order to achieve what I want from this part of the advertising.


-RM


No comments:

Post a Comment