Wednesday 6 November 2013

new studio equipment

My media department in school have bought some new lighting and studio equpiment so in preperation for our short movie we did some photography experiments with it. As photography is my main strength i was the one to take all the pictures for this part of the project. We used a range of different kind of light sch as red light, clear light and a mask over one of the lights which made a honey comb pattern apear on the models face. I also used a desaturation effect while taking the image too as the lights added a really nice effect to the image as a whole. Bellow are examples of my work...

This is an example of the desaturated image. The model is not posed properly but the aim of this shoot was to play with the lighting and new equipment therefore this wasnt very important. The aim of using the lights effectivly worked well as her face is really well light and all her facial features are clear rather than shadowed which is what would have happened in natural light.

This image above has been captured by lowering the shutter speed and changing the camera settings to portrait. This meant it had time to capture all the light in the movement, i really lovede the effect it gave the final image and would like to use this again my my photography and maybe in the photograph for the film posters as it can be seen as representing time and movement.
This image is just of the set itself and the arrangement we had for the modle, lights and backdrop. The umbrellea helps bouce the light off aned direct it into certain places. By turning off the main lights so we had a dark room and only using the studio lights it inhanced the effect of the lighting on the model.
The image above is one of my favorite in the shoot I really liked the way the light bounces off her eyes and face with a slight shadow on the side of her face. The model looks well positioned and her facial feauters and hair all highlight her in the best way possible.

All these images are slightly blured, this may be because I wasnt using a camera im very familiar with therefore when we do a shoot for the poster I will be using my own camera which I know how to work properly.

-RM

No comments:

Post a Comment